Quicksilver LTD: Volume One of The Baroque Cycle (Hardcover)
Neal Stephenson is one of America's most collectible authors. The ever-growing number of his devoted readers has created a huge demand for signed and first trade editions of his works.
With Quicksilver: The Deluxe Limited Edition, William Morrow presents the first limited edition ever published of Neal Stephenson's work. Limited to a single edition of just 1,000 copies, the book is a beautifully designed example of the art of bookbinding. Each volume will be numbered and signed by Neal Stephenson. Collectors and readers alike will welcome the chance to add this handsome volume to their Neal Stephenson collection.
- Limited to an edition of 1,000 copies-never to be reprinted.
- Completely redesigned from the trade hardcover in a larger format-7" x 10".
- Each book numbered and signed by the author.
- Each volume hand-bound in Japanese silk.
- Each volume housed in a handsome slipcase featuring a die-cut aperture for the Quicksilver icon and covered in the same Japanese silk. The slipcase will also feature a silk ribbon pull for easy removal.
- Matching signed limited editions of the second and third volumes of Stephenson's Baroque Cycle will be published by William Morrow at six-month intervals.
About the Author
Neal Stephenson is the author of Reamde, Anathem; the three-volume historical epic the Baroque Cycle (Quicksilver, The Confusion, and The System of the World); Cryptonomicon; The Diamond Age; Snow Crash, which was named one of Time magazine's top one hundred all-time best English-language novels; and Zodiac. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
“Genius . . . You’ll wish it were longer.”
“[QUICKSILVER] explores the philosophical concerns of today . . . through thrillingly clever, suspenseful and amusing plot twists.”
-New York Times Book Review
“Sprawling, irreverent, and ultimately profound.”
“A sprawling, engrossing tale.”
“Stephenson’s new machine is a wonderment to behold. A-”
“An astonishing achievement.”
“[QUICKSILVER] is a rare thing: a 1,000-page book that you don’t want to end.
-San Antonio Express-News
“[O]ften brilliant and occassionally astonishing ...[QUICKSILVER] has wit, ambition and ... moments of real genius.”
“[A]n awe-inspiring book, stuffed with heart-stopping action scenes ... and a treasure trove of forgotten historical lore.”
“Dense, witty, erudite ... and gripping ... a far more impressive literary endeavor than most so-called “serious” fiction.”