On your Windows PC or Mac:
- Go to www.changinghands.com. Find e-books through the site search, either select the eBooks tab on the search results page or use the "Filter Search" options to choose Google eBooks as the format.
- Add Google eBooks to your cart.
- Access a Google Account—most commonly a Google email address—or create one. This step only needs to be done once to sync your Google Library with your Changing Hands Bookstore account for future purchases. Please make certain you are connecting to the correct Google Account.
- Agree to the Google Terms of Services. This step only needs to be done once.
- Purchase the book by entering billing information.
- You’ll be given the option to save the book to your computer by clicking the “download” link. Save it somewhere you can find it. Any time you’d like to download one of your books, you can see your whole Google eBook library at: http://www.changinghands.com/gbook/read
- If you haven’t done so already, install the latest version of Reader™ Library Software and create an Adobe ID or Sony eBook store ID. If you need an upgrade or drivers go to Sony.com).
- Plug your Sony eReader into your computer.
- Open Reader™ Library Software on your computer.
- Locate and open the .acsm file (from step 6.) from your computer, and the file should open using Reader™ Library Software. If it does not, select "Import Files" from the File menu and locate the .acsm file on your computer.
- Click and drag the Google eBook file onto the device in the left-hand pane. A green plus sign appearing as you drag the file over the device indicates that the eBook is authorized to be transferred to the device. The eBook will transfer to your device within a few seconds.
On your Sony eReader:
- Find the book in your library and begin reading!
PLEASE NOTE: To continue to purchase Google eBooks from Changing Hands Bookstore, you must buy them through your web browser on www.changinghands.com. If you click on the “get Books” tab on your Google Books app, you will be redirected to the Google site and Changing Hands Bookstore will no longer be compensated for future purchases.