| 7PM FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23 |
Valerie Bertinelli: One Dish at a Time
Beloved actress Valerie Bertinelli, spokeswoman for Jenny Craig best known for her role in One Day at a Time, presents her new book, One Dish at a Time: Delicious Recipes and Stories from My Italian-American Childhood and Beyond.
As a member of a large, food-loving Italian family, Bertinelli has always equated food with good times and togetherness. But at one point her love of food threatened not only her health, but her livelihood as an actress, when personal demons drove her to overeat and make poor food choices that caused her weight to balloon by 50 pounds. Now happily svelte, remarried, and riding a new career high, Valerie has made peace with food, giving it a central—yet considered—place in her home and family celebrations. One Dish at a Time offers an intimate look into the actress's kitchen, where she prepares a collection of treasured recipes from her Italian heritage. Along the way, she shares her insights into the portion control and mindful indulgence she has come to practice on her journey to enjoying the pleasures of the table again.
- Event ticket (admits two) is free when you purchase One Dish at a Time from Changing Hands Bookstore.
- Letter groups (printed on top of ticket) will be called at 6pm to fill seats and designated standing room.
- If available, seating and standing room opens to those without tickets at 6:45pm.
- Space cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals.
- Booksigning line forms by assigned letter group after the presentation. Those without tickets may get their books signed after ticket-holders, if time allows.
- Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
- Valerie Bertinelli will not sign memorabilia, brochures, tickets, photographs, etc.
- No flash photography at any time, please.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
VALERIE BERTINELLI has been acting since the age of twelve, appearing in more than two dozen made-for-TV movies. Most recognizably, she appeared on the long-running sitcom One Day at a Time and, more recently, on Touched by an Angel. Now a spokesperson for Jenny Craig, Bertinelli was raised in Claymont, Delaware, and in the San Fernando Valley, California, and was married for twenty years to Eddie Van Halen (they split up in 2001). Currently, she lives with her son, Wolfgang, in Los Angeles. More »
| GET YOUR BOOK SIGNED BY VALERIE BERTINELLI|
Through Noon Friday, November 23rd, buy Valerie Bertinelli's One Dish at a Time exclusively at Changing Hands Bookstore and she'll sign it for you when she appears in-store on Friday night, November 23rd. In the "Order Comments" field, you can also include the first name of the person to whom you'd like Valerie to personalize your book. Live in town? Save the shipping! We can have your book(s) ready for in-store pickup Friday, November 24th. If you live out of town, we'll ship anywhere in the USA, and to most international locations. Click "add to cart" to place your order, or call 480-730-0205 during our regular business hours.
- Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery after Valerie Bertinelli's event on November 23rd (longer for international delivery).
- Default international shipping is $18 USD at checkout. Additional fees, depending on destination, may be accessed at shipping date. Contact email@example.com or +1 480 730 0205 for more info.
- Questions? Give us a call at 480-730-0205 during our regular business hours and we'll be happy to help you.