Photographer Theron Humphrey and his coonhound Maddie visit with Maddie on Things: A Super Serious Project about Dogs and Physics, as featured on the Ellen DeGeneres Show and the Today Show.
Maddie is a sweet-tempered coonhound who accompanied her owner, Theron, on a yearlong, cross-country trip while he worked on a photojournalism project. In his spare time, Theron took photos of Maddie doing what she does best: standing on things. From bicycles to giant watermelons to horses to people, there really isn't anything that Maddie won't stand on with grace and patience. The poignant Instagram photos of this beautiful dog and her offbeat poses have captured the imagination of all those who long for a road trip with a good dog for company. Maddie on Things
celebrates the strange talent of one special dog and will resonate with any dog lover who appreciates the quirky hearts (and extraordinary balance) of canines.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- TICKET (admits two) is free when you purchase Maddie on Things from Changing Hands Bookstore.
- Letter groups (printed on top of ticket) will be called at 6pm to fill seats and designated standing room. If available, seating and standing room opens to those without tickets at 6:45pm.
- Space cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals.
- Booksigning line forms by assigned letter group after the presentation. Those without tickets may get their books signed after ticket-holders, if time allows.
- Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
THERON HUMPHREY is a photographer who has lived and worked across the country, most recently in Idaho. He embarked on a cross-country trip, meeting and photographing someone new every day as part of a Kickstarter-funded project. He took his coonhound Maddie on his travels, and also photographed her along the way.