308 North 2nd Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Will-call and doors opens at 6pm.
New York Times bestselling Christopher Moore, "one of the cleverest, naughtiest writers alive" (Carl Hiaasen), presents Secondhand Souls, the sequel to A Dirty Job.
Something really strange is happening in the City by the Bay. People are dying, but their souls are not being collected. Someone or something is stealing them and no one knows where they are going, or why, but it has something to do with that big orange bridge. Death Merchant Charlie Asher is just as flummoxed as everyone else. He's trapped in the body of a fourteen-inch-tall "meat puppet" waiting for his Buddhist nun girlfriend, Audrey, to find him a suitable new body to play host. To get to the bottom of this abomination, a motley crew of heroes will band together: the seven-foot-tall death merchant Minty Fresh; retired policeman turned bookseller Alphonse Rivera; the Emperor of San Francisco and his dogs, Bummer and Lazarus; and Lily, the former Goth girl. Now if only they can get little Sophie to stop babbling about the coming battle for the very soul of humankind...
- PACKAGE 1 is $35 and includes one signed book and one seat.
- PACKAGE 2 is $40 and includes one signed book and two seats.
- Will-call will open at Crescent Ballroom at 6pm.
- Space cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals.
- Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
- CAN'T MAKE IT? If you'd like a signed book from any of our author events, please call us at 602.274.0067 to pre-pay and we'll have one or more copies signed and reserved for you. We also ship anywhere in the United States and to most international locations (extra charges apply).
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- WILL-CALL AND DOORS open at 6pm.
- Drinks and food are available from Crescent Ballroom's lounge, Cocina 10 (menu)
- Venue is located one block west of the Van Buren Light Rail station (transit map)
- Seating at Crescent Ballroom is general admission; first-come, first-served.
- Parking is available at two primary locations (map), behind Crescent Ballroom (enter by Van Buren, immediately before 3rd Avenue) and South across Van Buren (enter from Van Buren or 2nd Avenue). Each lot is $5 and has been approved for use specifically for Crescent Ballroom. Please bring exact change as lots do not have change.
CHRISTOPHER MOORE is the author of thirteen previous novels: Practical Demonkeeping, Coyote Blue, Bloodsucking Fiends, Island of the Sequined Love Nun, The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove, Lamb, Fluke, The Serpent of Venice, The Stupidest Angel, A Dirty Job, You Suck, Fool,
and Bite Me
. He lives in San Francisco, California.