Television and music icon Marie Osmond visits with her new memoir The Key is Love: My Mother's Wisdom, A Daughter's Gratitude.
In an age when most women work outside the home—and nearly a third of women raise their children alone—being a mother is no easy task. No one knows that better than Marie, who has been an entertainer for forty-eight years and a mother for thirty. She, like so many women out there, has struggled through years of being a single parent and a working parent, while juggling the need to be there for her children and still be there for her other "family," the multitude of fans and followers who look up to her. Through it all, Marie has turned to the person who helped her at every stage of her life and her career: her mother. Drawing on the wisdom that Olive Osmond imparted over the years, Marie weaves a rich, touching, and honest memoir about her life offstage and off-camera, where she took on her most important role: motherhood. Through personal delights, dreams, downturns, and devastating tragedy, Marie offers insights on creating a strong family, raising happy and independent children, and, especially, moving forward when it seems impossible to do so. EVENT DETAILS
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Event ticket (admits two) is free when you purchase The Key is Love from Changing Hands Bookstore.
- Letter groups (printed on top of ticket) will be called at 6:30pm to form signing line.
- Due to time constraints, Marie can only pose for one photo per group and will personalize with first names only.
- Line placement cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals.
- Fans with memorabilia may be asked to wait until the end of the line.
- Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
MARIE OSMOND endeared herself, beginning at age three, to multiple generations as the star of award-winning television shows and specials, multimillion-selling recording artist, and worldwide concert-tour headliner. She is also a New York Times
bestselling author, has starred on Broadway, and currently headlines at the Flamingo Showroom in Las Vegas. Her top-rated talk show, Marie
, premiered on the Hallmark Channel in October of 2012. She is the mother of eight beautiful children, which she considers her greatest achievement.