Co-sponsored by: SANDRA DAY O'CONNOR COLLEGE OF LAW
1100 South McAllister Avenue
Tempe, AZ 85287 (google map)
Will call opens at 6pm. Doors open at 6:30pm. Legal proceduralist Scott Turow, internationally-bestselling "bard of the litigious age" (Time), presents his new crime thriller Identical. Tonight's presentation includes a conversational interview, led by journalist Jon Talton, author of the David Mapstone mystery series.
Based loosely on the myth of Castor and Pollux, Identical
is the story of identical twins Paul and Cass Giannis and the complex relationships between their family and their former neighbors, the Kronons. The novel focuses principally on events in 2008, when Paul is a candidate for Mayor of Kindle County, and Cass is released from the penitentiary, 25 years after pleading guilty to the murder of his girlfriend, Athena Kronon. The plot centers on the re-investigation of Athena's murder, carried out together by Evon Miller, an ex-FBI agent who is the head of security for the Kronon family business ZP, and private investigator Tim Brodie, 81, a former homicide detective. The complex web of murder, sex, and betrayal—as only Scott Turow could weave—dramatically unfolds, and the chilling truth is revealed: people will believe what they want to believe. EVENT DETAILS
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- EVENT VOUCHERS required for admission to presentation and booksigning.
- $35 for one seat and one copy of Identical.
- $40 for two seats and one copy of Identical.
- $28 + tax for each additional copy of Identical.
- Seating at Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law is general admission; first-come, first-served.
- Will-call available at Changing Hands Bookstore from 10am on Tuesday, October 15 through 3pm on Monday, November 18. Will-call reopens at Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at 6pm.
- Booksigning line forms after the presentation based on your signing group letter (written on ticket).
- Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
- CAN'T MAKE IT? If you'd like a signed book from any of our author events, please call us at 480.730.0205 or click "add to cart" below to pre-pay and we'll have one or more copies signed and reserved for you. We also ship anywhere in the United States and to most international locations (extra charges apply).
SCOTT TUROW is the author of five worldwide bestselling novels. He recently published a work of non-fiction, Ultimate Punishment
, after serving on the Illinois commission that investigated the administration of the death penalty and influenced Governor George Ryan's unprecedented commutation of the sentences of 164 death row inmates on his last day in office. He lives with his family outside Chicago, where he is partner in the firm of Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal. ABOUT THE INTERVIEWER
JON TALTON is a fourth-generation Arizonan, the author of ten novels, and a former columnist for the Arizona Republic
. Talton now lives in Seattle, where he is the economics columnist for the Seattle Times
and writes the blog Rogue Columnist