NEW VENUE: DOBSON HIGH SCHOOL
1501 W. Guadalupe Rd., Mesa, AZ 85202 [google map]
Doors open at 12pm
Seats and books still available. Please call 480-730-0205 to order.
International bestseller Khaled Hosseini, the Afghani author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns (both of which spent nearly a year on the bestseller lists), presents And the Mountains Echoed, his first novel in six years.
In a multigenerational novel revolving around not just parents and children but brothers and sisters, cousins and caretakers, Hosseini explores the many ways in which families love, wound, betray, honor, and sacrifice for one another; and how often we are surprised by the actions of those closest to us, at the times that matter most. Following its characters and the ramifications of their lives and choices and loves around the globe—from Kabul, to Paris, to San Francisco, to the Greek island of Tinos—the story expands gradually outward, becoming more emotionally complex and powerful with each turning page.
- TICKET (good for two seats) is free when you purchase And the Mountains Echoed from Changing Hands Bookstore.
- Seating at Dobson High School is general admission; first-come, first-served.
- Space cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals.
- Booksigning line forms by assigned letter group (printed at the top of the ticket) after the presentation. Khaled Hosseini will sign copies of all of his books, including The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. However, due to time constraints, he will not be able to personalize books.
- Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
KHALED HOSSEINI was born in Kabul, Afghanistan, in 1965. The son of a diplomat, Hosseini's family relocated to Paris in 1976, and was later granted political asylum in the United States. Hosseini studied at Santa Clara University and the University of California-San Diego Medical School, and he was a practicing physician from 1996 to 2004. In 2006, after The Kite Runner was already a bestseller, he was named a goodwill envoy to UNHCR, the United Nations Refugee Agency. He also founded The Khaled Hosseini Foundation to provide humanitarian assistance to people in Afghanistan. The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns were both international bestsellers, selling 38 million copies, spending nearly a year on bestseller lists, and published in more than forty countries. The Kite Runner was adapted to film in 2007, and nominated for Golden Globes for Best Foreign Language Film and Best Original Score.
CAN'T MAKE IT? If you'd like a signed book from any of our author events, please call us at 480.730.0205 to pre-pay and we'll have one or more copies signed and reserved for you or shipped anywhere in the United States and to most international locations.