SOUTH MOUNTAIN HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
5401 South 7th Street, Phoenix 85040 [map]
Doors open at 5:30pm
As part of his last book tour ever, #1 bestseller and Newbery Medal-winner Neil Gaiman visits with The Ocean at the End of the Lane, his first novel for adults since Anansi Boys.
This bewitching and harrowing tale of mystery and survival, and memory and magic, makes the impossible all too real. Kirkus Reviews
raves, "poignant and heartbreaking, eloquent and frightening, impeccably rendered, it's a fable that reminds us how our lives are shaped by childhood experiences, what we gain from them and the price we pay." EVENT DETAILS
- EVENT VOUCHERS required for admission to presentation and booksigning.
- $33: good for one seat and one copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane
- $38: good for two seats and one copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane
- $25.99 + tax: each additional copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane
- Admission for children 4 and under is free.
- Seating at South Mountain High School (campus map) is general admission; first-come, first-served.
- Will-call available at Changing Hands Bookstore from 10am on Tuesday, June 18 through 2pm on Wednesday, June 26. Will-call reopens at South Mountain High School at 5pm on Wednesday, June 26.
- The booksigning line will be formed after the presentation based on your signing group letter (written on ticket).
- Event details may be subject to changes.
- CAN'T MAKE IT? If you'd like a signed book from any of our author events, please call us at 480.730.0205 or click "add to cart" below (let us know in the "order comments" field to whom you'd like your book(s) personalized) to pre-pay and we'll have one or more copies signed and reserved for you. We also ship anywhere in the United States and to most international locations (extra charges apply).
ATTENDING FOOD TRUCKS Short Leash Hot Dogs
- Neil Gaiman will sign all copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane purchased from Changing Hands Bookstore.
- Due to time constraints, Gaiman will sign one additional title per person, personalize with first names only, and will not pose for photos.
- Flash photography prohibited at all times.
- Signing guidelines may be subject to changes.
, Satay Hut
, and Mamma Toledo Pies
will be on-site after Gaiman's presentation, during the signing. ABOUT THE AUTHOR
NEIL GAIMAN has been honored with many awards internationally, including the Newbery and Carnegie Medals. His books and stories have also been honored with four Hugos, two Nebulas, a World Fantasy Award, four Bram Stoker Awards, six Locus Awards, two British SF Awards, a British Fantasy Award, nine Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, three Geffens, an International Horror Guild Award and two Mythopoeic Awards. He is credited with being one of the creators of modern comics for his work on the Sandman series and listed in the Dictionary of Literary Biography as one of the top ten living post-modern writers. In 2001, he was one of the first writers to establish a blog (journal.neilgaiman.com
), which now has over a million regular readers. Gaiman also has over 1.8 million Twitter followers (@neilhimself
) and won the Twitter category in the inaugural Author Blog Awards. He wrote the screenplay for the BBC TV series Neverwhere
and co-wrote the script to Robert Zemeckis's Beowulf
. His books Stardust
have been adapted into major theatrical releases. His Newbery Award-winning The Graveyard Book
is currently in production.