Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Brad McLanahan series.
- #1: Tiger's Claw: A Novel (Brad McLanahan #1) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #3: Iron Wolf: A Novel (Brad McLanahan #3) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #4: The Moscow Offensive: A Novel (Brad McLanahan #4) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #5: The Kremlin Strike: A Novel (Brad McLanahan #5) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #6: Eagle Station: A Novel (Brad McLanahan #6) (Hardcover): $28.99
New York Times bestselling author Dale Brown—“the best military writer in the country” (Clive Cussler)—is back with Starfire, a masterful military thriller that explores a future all too possible and all too close: the weaponization of space.
With the death of his heroic father, bomber and space warfare veteran Patrick McLanahan, Bradley McLanahan must now fly solo, leading a team of young engineers designing Starfire, the world’s first orbiting solar power plant.
Starfire will not only deliver unlimited and inexpensive electricity anywhere on planet Earth, it can also transmit power to the moon, and even to spacecraft and asteroids. It’s a crucial first step in the exploration of the solar system, and Bradley and his team are on the cutting edge.
But U.S. president Kenneth Phoenix’s plans to militarize and industrialize Earth’s orbit sparks an arms race in space that eclipses the darkest and most terrifying days of the Cold War. Before he can prevent it, Bradley and his team are caught at the center of a battle that threatens to become an all-out global conflict for control of space.
About the Author
Dale Brown is the New York Times bestselling author of numerous books, from Flight of the Old Dog (1987) to, most recently, Eagle Station (2020). A former U.S. Air Force captain, he can often be found flying his own plane in the skies of the United States. He lives near Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
“A page-turner filled with an insider’s knowledge of military aircraft.”
— Kirkus Reviews