On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Letters of Note series.
- #1: Letters of Note: Cats (Paperback): $15.00
- #3: Letters of Note: Love (Paperback): $15.00
- #4: Letters of Note: War (Paperback): $15.00
- #5: Letters of Note: Fathers (Paperback): $15.00
- #6: Letters of Note: Art (Paperback): $15.00
- #7: Letters of Note: Mothers (Paperback): $15.00
- #9: Letters of Note: Dogs (Paperback): $15.00
- #10: Letters of Note: New York City (Paperback): $15.00
- #11: Letters of Note: Outer Space (Paperback): $15.00
- #12: Letters of Note: Sex (Paperback): $15.00
From Beethoven and Tchaikovsky to John Lennon Prince and Kim Gordon, tune in to the evocative expressions of treasured composers, musicians, singers, and songwriters in this enchanting volume from the compiler of the bestselling Letters of Note collections
Verdi writes to his publisher about a man who hated Aida so much that he wants his money back. Keith Richards tells his aunt about bumping into a former schoolmate named Mick Jagger, who also loves Chuck Berry. Yo-Yo Ma wonders whether Leonard Bernstein remembers introducing him onstage as a young boy. A Harvard psychiatrist begs CVS to change their on-hold music. Riffing on their passions and surroundings, the artists and entertainers in this volume candidly reveal the sources of their inspiration, what music means to them, why they create it, and so much more. This rich and engaging collection of 30 letters celebrates the resonance that music, in its many forms and variations, brings to our lives.
About the Author
SHAUN USHER is the creator of the enormously popular blogs lettersofnote.com and listsofnote.com and the compiler of the bestselling Letters of Note collections. He spends much of his time hunting for letters and making lists of things to share. He lives in Manchester, England, with his family.