Welcome to New Zealand, the land of the long white cloud
Whether you're seeking your next adrenaline-fix, the best place to taste traditional Maori cuisine, or the perfect geothermal pool to unwind in, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that New Zealand has to offer.
An explosion of dramatic scenery, this far-flung Pacific island has it all: mammoth mountains, icy-blue glacial lakes, pristine coastlines, idyllic vineyards and cool, cultural cities. From the subtropical kauri forests of the North Island to the remote fjords of the South Island, New Zealand offers countless opportunities for adventure.
Our annually updated guide brings this beautiful country to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed information on all the must-see sights, inspiring photography, and our trademark illustrations.
- our pick of New Zealand's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the country easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of New Zealand, from Northland to Southland, the Auckland to Canterbury
-our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
Travelling around Oceania? Look out for our DK Eyewitness Australia
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer