Matthew accepted Christ's invitation to follow him and never turned back. He spent the rest of his life convincing folks that this carpenter was the King.
Jesus gave the call and never took it back. The relationship Jesus had with Matthew can serve to convince us that if Jesus had a place for Matthew, a tax collector, he just might have a place for us, too.
Join beloved author Max Lucado as he enters Matthew's Gospel to find out what it looks like to be chosen by the Carpenter King--and what it looks like to accept his invitation. As you read, study, journal, and discuss the book of Matthew, watch for these key themes that Max will unpack throughout the book:
- God kept his promise of a deliverer for his people.
- God's ideas about his kingdom are often different from his people's ideas of the same kingdom.
- Jesus lived fully as a human and as God.
- Jesus' ministry and sacrifice changed the world forever.
The Life Lessons with Max Lucado series brings the Bible to life in twelve lessons filled with intriguing questions, inspirational stories, and poignant reflections to take you deeper into God's Word. Each lesson includes:
- An opening reflection on the Bible book you're studying.
- Background information to deepen your understanding of the cultural and historical setting.
- An excerpt of the text (from the NIV and the NKJV).
- Exploration questions with plenty of room to write your own thoughts and notes.
- Inspirational thoughts from Max as well as a closing takeaway for further reflection.
The Life Lessons series is ideal for use in both a small-group setting or for individual study.
About the Author
With more than 130 million products in print, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy.