The Pegan Diet: 21 Practical Principles for Reclaiming Your Health in a Nutritionally Confusing World (The Dr. Mark Hyman Library #10) (Hardcover)
List Price: $29.00
Our Price: $28.00
(Save: $1.00 3%)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the The Dr. Mark Hyman Library series.
- #1: The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now! (The Dr. Mark Hyman Library #1) (Large Print / Hardcover): $39.00
- #2: The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook: More than 175 Ultra-Tasty Recipes for Total Health and Weight Loss (The Dr. Mark Hyman Library #2) (Hardcover): $32.00
- #3: The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet: Activate Your Body's Natural Ability to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast (The Dr. Mark Hyman Library #3) (Large Print / Hardcover): $34.00
- #5: Eat Fat, Get Thin: Why the Fat We Eat Is the Key to Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health (The Dr. Mark Hyman Library #5) (Large Print / Hardcover): $35.00
- #6: The Eat Fat, Get Thin Cookbook: More Than 175 Delicious Recipes for Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health (The Dr. Mark Hyman Library #6) (Hardcover): $30.00
- #7: Food: What the Heck Should I Eat? (The Dr. Mark Hyman Library #7) (Hardcover): $30.00
Discover the benefits of “eating your medicine” with twelve-time New York Times bestselling author Mark Hyman, MD’s unique Pegan diet, “a masterpiece on food and health” (William Li, author of Eat to Beat Disease).
What do you get when you combine the best of paleo with the best of vegan? Pegan! For decades, the diet wars have pitted advocates for the low-carb, high-fat paleo diet against advocates of the exclusively plant-based vegan diet and dozens of other diets leaving most of us bewildered and confused. For those of us on the sidelines, trying to figure out which approach is best has been nearly impossible—both extreme diets have unique benefits and drawbacks. But how can it be, we've asked desperately, that our only options are bacon and butter three times a day or endless kale salads? How do we eat to reverse disease and optimize health, longevity, and performance? How do we eat to reverse climate change? There must be a better way!
Fortunately, there is. With The Pegan Diet's food-is-medicine approach, Mark Hyman explains how to:
- Combine the best aspects of the paleo diet (good fats, limited refined carbs, limited sugar) with the vegan diet (lots and lots of fresh, healthy veggies)
- Create a delicious diet that is not only good for your brain and your body, but also good for the planet.
- Take your cooking up to the next level, with 30 mouthwatering recipes such as Avocado Latke “Toast,” Chai Pancakes with Coconut Whipped Cream, Spicy Grain-Free Steak Tacos with Tapenade, Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs with Cashew “Couscous,” and Snickerdoodle Doughnuts
About the Author
Mark Hyman, MD, is the Head of Strategy and Innovation for the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine, board president for clinical affairs for the Institute for Functional Medicine, founder and director of The UltraWellness Center, and host of the leading health podcast, The Doctor's Farmacy. He is the bestselling author of numerous books, including Food Fix; Food; Eat Fat, Get Thin; The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet; and The Blood Sugar Solution.
“If you are tired of the diet wars that pit one trend against another, you’ll be overjoyed at The Pegan Diet, Mark Hyman’s latest masterpiece on food and health. In it, you’ll learn how to combine the best of the paleo and vegan diets to prevent disease, heal the body, and soothe the soul. This book is a true roadmap for anyone who wants to apply the food as medicine approach to their health.”—William W. Li, MD, author of Eat to Beat Disease
“Read this book right now to learn how to use food as medicine. Dr. Mark Hyman has the rare ability to show you how to eat in order to feel better while also fixing our food system from the ground up!”—Dave Asprey, author of The Bulletproof Diet
"Now, more than ever, we need to utilize the power of food to help our society overcome the epidemic of chronic disease. The Pegan Diet offers an easy-to-implement solution for anyone to get started on their health journey using 21 basic principles that show how we can use food as medicine."—Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO, Thrive Global
"If you want to eat for longevity, brain health, and gut health, this is the book for you. Dr. Hyman will show you how what you put on your fork three times a day is the most powerful tool you have to transform your health and the health of our planet."—Eva Mendes
“One of Dr. Hyman’s greatest attributes is the ability to change his mind and advice when new evidence and studies prompt course corrections in his recommendations. This humble and laudable ability is on display in The Pegan Diet, where hard and fast ‘rules’ give way to savvy, doable guidelines for achieving optimal short and long-term health. If great eating advice, without the ‘my way or the highway’ philosophy, is what you seek, buy this book!"—Steven R. Gundry, MD, author of The Plant Paradox
"The line between medicine and food is thinner than people think. Both go into the body, where they affect the overall health of the organism. Mark Hyman understands that, and wants to make sure that you do, too. His new book combines aspects of other diets you may have heard of, paleo and vegan, to develop a new way of living and eating. I prescribe this book!—Questlove