Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Harry Potter series.
- #2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Prebound): $21.80
- #3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Prebound): $21.80
- #4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Prebound): $24.50
- #5: Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (Mass Market): $12.99
- #6: Harry Potter y El Misterio del Principe (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) (Prebound): $33.00
- #7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Paperback): $16.99
I first fell in love with the Harry Potter series when I was nine years old and have been in love ever since. Now, many years later, this new and beautiful illustrated edition has elicited the same kind of love I first felt when my dad read the original version to me. Jim Kay's illustrations highlight J.K. Rowling's text and bring it to life in a way that is sure to excite any Harry Potter fan, whether they're reading The Sorcerer's Stone for the first or the five-hundredth time.— Heather H.
The first time I read this book, it was in the original US format, with only the illustrations by Mary GrandPré. Of course Rowling’s beautiful storytelling enabled me to build a visual in my mind so vivid, I didn’t think anyone would ever be able to capture it. Artist Jim Kay didn’t just illustrate Harry Potter, he brought him to life. Study each of the over 100 illustrations closely and you will find they are as full of hidden imagery as Rowling’s prose. Kay modeled each central character after actual models – some family, some friends, some folks he met on the Underground in London. This is truly one of the most beautiful books I have ever had the pleasure of holding in my hands.— Scott
This story is filled with dark comedy and crafted with a quality of writing that has garnered J.K. Rowling top awards in her country and ours. Harry Potter spent ten long years living with his aunt and uncle and stupid cousin, Dudley. Fortunately, Harry has a destiny that he was born to fulfill. One that will rocket him out of his dull life and into a unique experience at the Hogworts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.