Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the All New Square Foot Gardening series.
- #3: Square Foot Gardening Answer Book: New Information from the Creator of Square Foot Gardening - the Revolutionary Method (All New Square Foot Gardening #3) (Paperback): $16.99
- #4: All New Square Foot Gardening, Second Edition: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More In Less Space (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #6: Square Foot Gardening High-Value Veggies: Homegrown Produce Ranked by Value (All New Square Foot Gardening #6) (Paperback): Email or call for price
Since Square Foot Gardening was first introduced in 1981, the revolutionary new way to garden developed by Mel Bartholomew has helped millions of home gardeners grow more fresh produce in less space and with less work. Now, based largely on the input and experience of these millions, the system has been even further refined and improved to fully meet today's changing resources, needs, and challenges.
With over 150 new photos and illustrations, this new edition makes it easier than ever to achieve nearly-foolproof results in virtually any situation:100% of the produce; 20% of the water; 5% of the work.
Perfect for experienced Square-Foot-Gardeners or beginners, the original method created by Mel has not changed in any significant way with this new 3rd edition of All New Square Foot Gardening. It remains: build a box; fill it with Mel's Mix; add a grid. But along with the classic steps, you will find some interesting and compelling new information, such as:
- Adding trellises and archways
- Substituting with new materials
- Adding automatic watering systems
- "Thinking Outside the Box" with creative configurations and shapes
- Square Foot Gardening in dense urban areas with little or no yard
- Square Foot Gardening with kids
- Crop protection
About the Author
Mel Bartholomew was the founder and inventor of the Square Foot Gardening method and the author of All New Square Foot Gardening, the best-selling gardening book in America for a generation. The guide has sold 2.5 million copies since Bartholomew wrote the book in 1981. He hosted a PBS TV show for five years, and then was telecast for three more years on the Learning Channel and Discovery Network. Bartholomew presided over the nonprofit Square Foot Gardening Foundation, which encourages every household around the world to have a small garden and eat fresh, healthy vegetables that are uncontaminated. He passed away in May, 2016.
The Square Foot Gardening Foundation is a nonprofit organization that operates an extensive outreach network to bring Square Foot Gardening to vegetable gardeners and to countries with hunger issues. Consisting of several full-time staff and a small board of directors, the Foundation is based in Halesite, New York. Through a large network of certified Square Foot Gardening instructors, the Foundation conducts seminars and classes throughout the United States to teach the Square Foot Gardening method pioneered by the late Mel Bartholomew.