This book shares the best practices, mistakes, victories, and essential steps for success which the author has gleaned from working with countless organizations. Unlike other books that only focus on the engineering issues (task lists) or management issues (CMMS), this in-depth resource is the first to give true emphasize to the four aspects of success in preventive maintenance systems--engineering, management, economic, and psychological -- thereby enabling readers to have a balanced view and understanding of what is happening in their organizations. Additionally, it blends concrete actionable steps and structures with the theory behind the steps.
- Includes check sheets, history of PM, stories, photographs, and case histories.
- Contains a glossary of terms.
- Provides sample task lists for a variety of equipment with some of the logic behind each task.
- Offers templates for developing your own tasking.
- Includes protocols for detailed economic analysis with examples.