An essential resource for outdoor enthusiasts in California.
With his vibrant photographs and lively writing, Matt Ritter takes the reader on a journey through the Golden State's iconic landscapes and abundant plant life.
This definitive guide includes:
- Over 300 pages with more than 500 species described and photographed
- More than 1,000 full-color photographs and 150 species range maps
- Detailed descriptions and fascinating natural history stories
- California tree identification flowchart
- Wildflower identification color guide
- Detailed glossary and comprehensive index
A portion of the proceeds from each book supports the California Native Plant Society and The Wildlands Conservancy. The book features a foreword by Jerry Brown, former Governor of California.
About the Author
Matt Ritter is a biology professor in California. He is the author of several books including California Plants and A Californian's Guide to the Trees Among Us. He has an infectious love of trees and all things botanical. He lives in San Luis Obispo, California.