This bestselling workbook for beginning ESL (English as a Second Language) learners helps you master English grammar--now with a streaming audio answer key via the McGraw Hill Language Lab app.
Understanding the rules of grammar is the first step in learning a language, and extensive practice will help you gain mastery. In Practice Makes Perfect: English Grammar for ESL Learners, Premium Fourth Edition, you'll get the best of both worlds, with crystal-clear explanations, realistic examples, and dozens of exercises in an engaging variety of formats.
From present tense regular verbs to double object pronouns, this comprehensive guide covers all aspects of English grammar, focusing on the practical aspects of English as it is really spoken. You'll especially appreciate the clarity of presentation, with time-saving vocabulary panels that eliminate having to look words up, advice on how to avoid common errors, and a detailed answer key that allows for quick, easy progress checks. With three review chapters to assess retention of key concepts and 80 quizzes available via the McGraw Hill Language Lab app, Practice Makes Perfect: English Grammar for ESL Learners, Premium Fourth Edition, gives you the skills you need to speak, understand and write English with confidence.
- NEW: Streaming audio recordings to help with comprehension and pronunciation, available through the McGraw Hill Language Lab app
- Accessible style and format: Simple grammar reviews with clear examples are followed by an engaging variety of exercises--including multiple choice, fill-in sentences, and more
- Three review chapters test overall comprehension with 25 exercises (250 questions)
- Supported by 80 interactive quizzes via the McGraw Hill Language Lab app to help you further assess what you've learned
- Ideal for in-class or independent study