Other Books in Series
- #1: On Our Street: Our First Talk about Poverty (World Around Us #1) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #2: On the News: Our First Talk about Tragedy (World Around Us #2) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #3: On the Internet: Our First Talk about Online Safety (World Around Us #3) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #4: On the Playground: Our First Talk about Prejudice (World Around Us #4) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #5: Under Our Clothes: Our First Talk about Our Bodies (World Around Us #5) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #6: On Our Nature Walk: Our First Talk about Our Impact on the Environment (World Around Us #6) (Hardcover): $19.95
A gentle introduction to the important topic of the environment.
Crafted around a conversation between a grade-school-aged child and an adult, this inquiry-focused book using age-appropriate language and tone will help children shape their understanding of the natural world and how they participate in protecting it. Dr. Roberts starts the discussion with the types of pollution and trash that children might notice on a nature walk or a trip to the beach, how they are caused and how to work to improve things in their own lives and communities.
The World Around Us series introduces children to complex cultural, social and environmental issues they may encounter outside their homes, in an accessible way. Sidebars offer further reading for older children or care providers who have bigger questions. For younger children just starting to make these observations, the simple question-and-answer format of the main text will provide a foundation of knowledge on the subject matter.