You cannot see, smell, or taste radon. But it still may be a problem in your home. When you breathe air containing radon, you increase your risk of getting lung cancer. In fact, the Surgeon General of the United States has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. If you smoke and your home has high radon levels, your risk of lung cancer is especially high. The "Home Buyer's and Seller's Guide to Radon" answers important questions about radon and lung cancer risk. It also answers questions about testing and fixing for anyone buying or selling a home.