Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Denim Diaries series.
- #1: Denim Diaries 1: 16 Going on 21 (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: Denim Diaries 2: Grown in Sixty Seconds: Denim Diaries 2: Grown in Sixty Seconds (Paperback): $9.95
- #3: Denim Diaries 3: Queen of the Yard (Paperback): $9.95
- #4: Denim Diaries 4: Broken Promises (Compact Disc): $24.95
- #6: Denim Diaries 6: Lying to Live (Compact Disc): $19.95
Fifteen-year-old Kane Alexander is growing up in a single parent home after her mother abandons the family. Her father is forced to take on two jobs to support his family, and the responsibility of caring for her two younger siblings is placed on Kane. She loves her family, but can’t help but feel like she’s missing out on life as a teenager.
Kane shares her feelings with her father, but he insists that she should put her family ahead of her social life. When the pressure in her home becomes too much to bear, Kane decides to run away; however, she doesn’t make it far. Her escape puts her in an unlikely place, with an unlikely person. Will Kane and her father be able to work out their differences?
About the Author
Darrien Lee is the author of All That and a Bag of Chips, The Last Chance, and the Denim Diaries series. She is a member of African American Authors Helping Authors. She lives in La Vergne, Tennessee, with her family. She loves jazz, sports, and reading. Visit her online at DarrienLee.com.