Email or call for price
Out of Print
Reference Redefined. You have our word on it.
Featuring more than 56,000 entries, this 7th Edition contains the medical terminology used in more than 30 of today's fastest-growing health profession areas—plus comprehensive inclusion of entries suited for the nursing field. More than 70 leading consultants from health professions and nursing contributed to the enhancements of this edition to ensure Stedman's Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing is your go-to source for health reference.
- A-to-Z organization, coupled with precision-cut thumb tabs, quickly leads you to a definition
- 1,000 color images and photographs enhance definitions and aid in comprehension
- Detailed Anatomical Atlas, included in a special glossy insert with detailed images by Anatomical Chart Company, provides a visual representation of anatomical terms
- Nearly 65 valuable appendices cover critical areas such as dangerous abbreviations, units of measure, references values, and much more
- Written pronunciations assist you in spoken communication
- Eye-catching icons identify terms that have printed images or are combining forms
- British alternative spellings are provided
- Superior keyword search functionality making accuracy instantaneous
- Access to more than 5,600 images illustrating key medical terms and concepts
- Customize the product using My Stedman's: add terms, add notes to terms, save searches and illustrations - all features to provide you with a personal experience that meets your needs
- Audio icons displayed alongside approximately 42,000 terms let you hear correct pronunciations
- 42 illuminating live-action videos from Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy present anatomy in motion