Not Available In-Store - Usually Ships from Warehouse in 1-5 Days
From romantic cities steeped in history to the stunning slopes of the Alps, get to know this exciting slice of Europe: with Rick Steves on your side, Eastern Europe can be yours! Inside Rick Steves Eastern Europe you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending two weeks or more exploring Eastern Europe
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the cobbles of bustling Bratislava, to country roads winding through the Julian Alps, to the striking chapels and cathedrals of Prague's Castle Quarter
- How to connect with culture: Bask in the energy of Kraków's Main Square Market, sample local wines from Hungarian vintners, or soak in the steamy thermal baths in Budapest
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places the eat, sleep, and relax
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and historic museums
- Detailed neighborhood maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, phrase books, historical overviews, and recommended reading
- Over 1,000 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Austria, and Slovakia, plus side trips to Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Bulgaria, and Romania
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Eastern Europe.
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick:
Born in Denver and raised in central Ohio, Cameron Hewitt settled in Seattle in 2000. Ever since, he has spent three months each year in Europe, contributing to guidebooks, tours, radio and television shows, and other media for Rick Steves' Europe, where he serves as content manager. Cameron married his high school sweetheart (and favorite travel partner), Shawna, and enjoys taking pictures, trying new restaurants, and planning his next trip.