A comprehensive professional resource for mental health treatment - now in it's fourth edition
Since 2009, Psychopharmacology: Straight Talk on Mental Health Medications has been the go-to desk reference for professionals who want to expand their knowledge of pharmacological treatment on mental health issues. Author Joe Wegmann draws on over three decades of clinical experience in psychopharmacology and psychotherapy, to provide his unique perspective on psychotropic medication management. He is nationally known for the practical, relevant, and insightful psychopharmacology information he presents in his books, columns, articles, blogs, and workshops - and this edition is no exception.
Packed with detailed discussions of clinical diagnoses, as well as the effectiveness of current treatments, including complementary and alternative medicine, this fourth edition provides the reader a useable blend of the science and art associated with contemporary best practices.
New to the fourth edition:
- The latest on anxiety disorders - what should and should not be treated with medication
- New classes of antidepressants and ADHD medications
- Three key questions to successfully diagnose bipolar disorder
- Update on the etiology of schizophrenia
- Psychopharmacology's role in chronic pain management
- Opiates, opioids, medical marijuana
- Complementary and alternative medicine treatment strategies
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Telehealth treatment
- Updated dosing charts