This California sports trivia guide is the perfect gift for the sports die-hard fan in your life
California is more than just sunny beaches and sky-high redwoods. From the Los Angeles Lakers, and NFL teams like the San Francisco 49ers, to surfing and mini-golf, collegiate, professional, and Olympic athletics alike, California has a rich and fascinating history with sports. Now, over 170 years of California sports history are packed into one book
Prepare to be amazed and delighted by some of the coolest and most surprising facts from the Golden State. Featuring extraordinary stories and a calendar of remarkable events from baseball to bowling, this complete chronicle is your ultimate resource to the world of California athletics.
Take your sports trivia knowledge to the next level and learn:
- Even though the Kansas City Kings didn't become the Sacramento Kings until 1985, did you know professional basketball started in Sacramento as early as 1913?
- Which part of the San Francisco Bay is unofficially named after a San Francisco Giants first baseman?
- When did Ultimate Frisbee start at the Rose Bowl and which Oscar winner tossed out the first disk for the International Frisbee Association?
- Which track-and-field coach led the USC Trojans to their most NCAA titles?
- When was California's official state sport-surfing-introduced and by whom?
Featuring a statewide genealogy of over 65 sports, famous California firsts, origins of the quirkiest and most memorable mascots, and more, this compilation of sports stories and events is made for the California sports fan. Dive into the state's largest compilation of sports history in a single volume. Get California Sports Astounding and astound everyone with your knowledge today.