Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Little Book Of... series.
- #2: The Little Book of London: The Greatest City in the World (Hardcover): $8.95
- #5: Ew, David, and Other Quotes: The Little Guide to Schitt's Creek, Unofficial & Unauthorised (Hardcover): $8.95
- #6: That's What They Said: The Little Guide to the Office, Unofficial & Unauthorised (Hardcover): $8.95
- #7: The Little Book of Coffee: No Filter (Hardcover): $8.95
- #8: The Little Book of Dad: Perfect Words for Awesome Dads (Hardcover): $8.95
- #9: The Little Book of Prosecco: Sparkling Perfection (Hardcover): $8.95
- #10: Kamala Harris: Quotes to Live by: A Life-Affirming Collection of More Than 150 Quotes (Hardcover): $8.95
- #11: Joe Biden: Quotes to Live by (Hardcover): $8.95
- #12: The Little Book of Trees: An Arboretum of Tree Lore (Hardcover): $8.95
- #14: The Little Book of Being Vegan (Hardcover): $8.95
- #15: The Little Book of Avocado (Hardcover): $8.95
A life-affirming collection of more than 170 quotes from one of the world's most admired and respected public figures: Michelle Obama.
"People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together." --Michelle Obama, campaign rally, October 2016
As First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama used her platform to express her strongly held beliefs--and earned admiration for her intelligence, generosity, strength, bravery, confidence, and hard work. This collection of quotations, which covers topics ranging from education and equality to self-belief and success, helps cement her place as one of the strongest voices on the global stage today.
The quotations include:
"Every single child has boundless promise, no matter who they are, where they come from, or how much money their parents have. We've got to remember that." --National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Awards, November 2016
"It is so important to remember that our diversity has been--and will continue to be--our greatest source of strength and pride." --Annual Nowruz celebration, April 2016
"We shouldn't be sending messages to girls that there are things they can't do--because there's nothing that a girl can't do." --The Guardian, interview, November 2018
"It is not about voting for the perfect candidate--there is no such person." --Campaign rally, September 2016
"Success isn't about how much money you make, it's about the difference you make in people's lives." --Democratic National Convention, September 2012
"When you are struggling and you start thinking about giving up, I want you to remember something . . . and that is the power of hope. The belief that something better is always possible if you're willing to work for it and fight for it." --Final speech as First Lady of the United States, January 2017