Not Available In-Store - Usually Ships from Warehouse in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Topics in Bone Biology series.
- #2: Bone Resorption (Topics in Bone Biology #2) (Hardcover): $279.99
- #3: Engineering of Functional Skeletal Tissues (Topics in Bone Biology #3) (Hardcover): $299.99
- #4: Bone and Osteoarthritis (Topics in Bone Biology #4) (Hardcover): $379.99
- #5: Bone and Cancer (Topics in Bone Biology #5) (Hardcover): $299.00
- #6: Bone and Development (Topics in Bone Biology #6) (Hardcover): $249.99
- #7: Bone-Metabolic Functions and Modulators (Topics in Bone Biology #7) (Hardcover): $219.99
Bone research in recent years has generated much new knowledge, in large measure because of the broad public health implications of osteoporosis and related bone disorders. Bone Formation, the first in a series entitled Topics in Bone Biology, evaluates this new information and formulates novel insights and hypotheses within the broad framework of current knowledge. An easy-to handle and to read work, with concise reviews that are extensively referenced, the chapters in this book are written by internationally known authorities. Particular emphasis is on osteoporosis and related disorders of diminished bone formation. Among the general topics treated is a chapter on biomechanical aspects of bone formation, not often considered in relation to diseases of bone formation. The book constitutes essential reading for those entering the field of bone biology and those who wish to become familiar with up-to-date information in a particular area of bone research.