*From Liz Zorab, Winner of the Garden Media Guild Award Vlog of the Year 2022
Dig deeper into the processes of growing your own organic food with Liz Zorab, self-sufficiency practitioner.
In this personal gardening journey, she explores seasonal harvests and how the vegetable garden sits within the wider context of the gardening landscape - including weather, microclimates, water cycles, light levels, seasons and the gardener's personal tastes.
Liz's salt of the earth approach to life and to the garden and her gentle humor makes The Seasoned Gardener an easily digestible read. She provides hundreds of practical tips, including how-to guides, observations and inspiration for both the beginner and practiced gardener alike.
Unlike many gardening books that run from January to December, this book starts in the autumn, when harvesting is at its peak. Most of the fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers highlighted are grouped according to when we enjoy them most - at the point of harvest.
The Seasoned Gardener will show you how to:
- Enjoy the abundance of each month of the year
- Decide which plants are best to grow in your garden
- Find pleasure in your growing space year-round
- Avoid the pitfalls of doing too much at once
- Be creative with your garden resources
- Make the most of your time and energy
- Celebrate nature's productivity as much as your own
This is a journey of experimentation and learning that will inspire you to grow tastier food and savor the experience.