Shifting to standards-based learning is a big change. Rely on Planning and Teaching in the Standards-Based Classroom to help you move forward with clarity and confidence. Authors Jeff Flygare, Jan K. Hoegh, and Tammy Heflebower have created a must-have guide for teachers that delivers straightforward, practical tools and detailed instructions for everything from lesson planning to proficiency scales to parent communication.
- Understand priority standards and proficiency scales.
- Develop curriculum maps to plan for the entire year or course.
- Follow the steps of the instructional cycle to create standards-based units and lessons.
- Help exceptional students continue to thrive and grow in a standards-based environment.
- Communicate objectively with students and families about learning.
Chapter 1: Curriculum Based on Standards and Scales
Chapter 2: Year-Long Planning With Curriculum Maps
Chapter 3: Unit Planning With the Instructional Cycle
Chapter 4: Lesson Planning and Teaching Within the Instructional Cycle
Chapter 5: Assessments and Progress Tracking
Chapter 6: Communication Using Proficiency Scales