Rely on 180 Days of Self-Care for Busy Educators to help you lead a happier, healthier, more fulfilled life inside and outside of the classroom. With author Tina H. Boogren's guidance, you will work your way through thirty-six weeks of daily self-care strategies and techniques, each corresponding with a week of the school year. Weekly themes range from creativity and inspiration to relationships and time management for teachers and administrators.
Follow this self-care plan designed to support your health and wellness during the school year:
- Understand how prioritizing your own self-care will better equip you to positively impact student learning and achievement.
- Discover low- and no-cost self-care ideas for teachers and administrators designed to help make meaningful, positive change.
- Explore the dangers of stress in the classroom and in an educator's personal life, and understand how this stress affects students.
- Learn how to assess what you need, check in with yourself throughout the day, and act on what you learn.
- Utilize reflection questions to help you think through which strategies worked -- and which didn't.
- Let go of the expectations of perfection while practicing these self-care techniques and teacher wellness ideas.
Section I: Preparing for a Season of Sacrifice
Week One: Music (Days 1-5)
Week Two: Nutrition and Hydration (Days 6-10)
Week Three: Sleep (Days 11-15)
Week Four: Laughter (Days 16-20)
Week Five: Technology (Days 21-25)
Week Six: Altruism (Days 26-30)
Week Seven: Wardrobe (Days 31-35)
Week Eight: Time (Days 36-40)
Week Nine: Mindfulness (Days 41-45)
Section II: Dealing With Disillusionment
Week Ten: Time (Days 46-50)
Week Eleven: Relationships (Days 51-55)
Week Twelve: Gratitude (Days 56-60)
Week Thirteen: Saying No (Days 61-65)
Week Fourteen: Inspiration (Days 66-70)
Week Fifteen: Help (Days 71-75)
Week Sixteen: Comfort (Days 76-80)
Week Seventeen: Social Media (Days 81-85)
Week Eighteen: Habits (Days 86-90)
Section III: Finding Balance
Week Nineteen: Creativity (Days 91-95)
Week Twenty: Altruism (Days 96-100)
Week Twenty-One: Indulgence (Days 101-105)
Week Twenty-Two: Adventure (Days 106-110)
Week Twenty-Three: Orderliness (Days 111-115)
Week Twenty-Four: Obligations (Days 116-120)
Week Twenty-Five: Play (Days 121-125)
Week Twenty-Six: Email (Days 126-130)
Week Twenty-Seven: Replay (Days 131-135)
Section IV: Finishing Strong
Week Twenty-Eight: Hobbies (Days 136-140)
Week Twenty-Nine: Cognition (Days 141-145)
Week Thirty: Transitions (Days 146-150)
Week Thirty-One: Listening (Days 151-155)
Week Thirty-Two: Journal (Days 156-160)
Week Thirty-Three: Outdoors (Days 161-165)
Week Thirty-Four: Morning Routine (Days 166-170)
Week Thirty-Five: Active Rest (Days 171-175)
Week Thirty-Six: Summer To-Do List (Days 176-180)
Epilogue: Create Your Own Self-Care List
Appendix: Final Reflection