David Plouffe, campaign manager for President Barack Obama, discusses and signs copies of his new book.
GET YOUR BOOK AND TICKET
Order your ticket package at the bottom of the page. We'll send you an email confirmation.
TICKET PACKAGES → Ticket Package 1: $27.15 + fees: Admission for one (1) person and one (1) copy of A Citizen's Guide to Beating Donald Trump. → Ticket Package 2: $31.15 + fees: Admission for two (2) people and one (1) copy of A Citizen's Guide to Beating Donald Trump.
- Purchase below (at the bottom of the page).
CAN'T MAKE IT?
- CHECK-IN at the front information counter in Changing Hands Tempe beginning at 6pm.
- PICK UP YOUR BOOK at Changing Hands Tempe on event day beginning at 6pm.
- SEATING opens at 6:30pm and is determined by letter group printed on signing line voucher handed out at check-in.
- SIGNING LINE forms after the event by letter group printed on signing line vouchers handed out at check-in.
- EVENT GUIDELINES may be subject to changes.
- REFUNDS will not be issued within one day of the event.
- If you miss the event, tickets are non-refundable. In order to receive your book, you will need to contact us within 30 days of the event. After 30 days, you will receive a trade credit to Changing Hands Bookstore for the cost of the book + tax.
Call 480.730.0205 to order a signed copy of A Citizen's Guide to Beating Donald Trump
and we'll have it signed and reserved for you. We also ship anywhere in the US and to most international locations!
ABOUT THE BOOK
A voter's playbook on making a difference in the 2020 election and beyond from the most recognized and most successful political strategist in the country
If you've asked yourself the question, what more can I do to make sure Donald Trump does not continue to occupy the Oval Office on January 20, 2021?--then this book is for you. A playbook for the common citizen, A Citizen's Guide to Beating Donald Trump
addresses the many things individuals can do in 2020 every day, without having to leave their jobs, move to Iowa, or spend every waking moment on the election.
In A Citizen's Guide to Beating Donald Trump
, Plouffe's message is simple: the only way change happens, especially on scale, is one human being talking to another. It won't happen magically, it won't happen because of debates and conventions, it won't happen because of ads. It will happen because citizens take action. And Plouffe is here to help, with specific strategies and tailored talking points to make sure your time and energy aren't wasted. He lays out why different activities the average citizen can take can make a difference to getting to 270 electoral votes, how people can go about doing them and examples of where it's worked in the past.
There are at least 65 million Americans who are likely committed to voting against Trump. It is entirely in our control to grow that number and make sure the support materializes in actual votes. Plouffe arms us with advice on how to defend against misinformation online, how to create and spread content, how to register and get out the vote early, how to make a difference in the battlegrounds and how to stay involved after the big election. Filled with stories from the last sixteen years, both successes and failures, as well as political strategies that have evolved in the wake of the breakthrough campaign that Plouffe masterminded, A Citizen's Guide to Beating Donald Trump
is a pragmatic, specific, and very motivational guide for the path forward.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
served as the campaign manager for Barack Obama's primary and general election victories in 2008 and later joined the White House as a Senior Advisor, with responsibility for his re-election victory in 2012. He was previously a senior executive at Uber and currently leads policy and advocacy efforts at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. He lives in San Francisco, CA.