Science is beginning to prove what ancient cultures fully embraced: your voice can become one of the most powerful agents of transformation in every facet of your life. Free Your Voice offers you the liberating insights and personal instruction of music healing legend Silvia Nakkach, whose four-decade immersion in the voice as a creative force makes her a uniquely qualified educator. With co-author Valerie Carpenter, Silvia shows how to reclaim the healing potential of your voice (regardless of training or experience) through more than 100 enjoyable exercises that are steeped in spiritual tradition and classical vocal technique and backed by the latest science.
Free Your Voice invites us to “savor a banquet of our own divine sounds” as we practice breathwork, chant, and other yogic techniques for emotional release, opening to insight, and much more. Supplemented by 32 downloadable digital audio tracks offering Silvia's guidance through many of the exercises, here is a definitive resource for implementing the voice as an instrument of healing and fulfillment, exploring:
- How to develop a practice of breath and voice, performed with consistency and imagination, where sound designs its own landscapes through the expressive power of the voice
- A series of sonorous yogic practices that involve subtle movements and the sustained focus of the mind in sound
- A gentle path for developing a voice that is fully embodied, uniquely expressive, and played like a fine musical instrument
- Invocatory words and ancient seed sounds that deliver explicit spiritual information for expansion of consciousness and well-being
- A beginning repertory of mantras and chants from many cultures that you can build on and share as you deepen your practice
- Techniques for vocal improvisation to engage your singing imagination and enrich your musical offerings
- How to foster confidence and kindness toward yourself as a vulnerable chanteur of the universal song
- How to cultivate singing as a spiritual practice for yourself and to serve a larger community
“With regular practice,” writes Silvia, “vocalizing, singing, and chanting become an ordinary miracle that effortlessly leads you to a sense of self-confidence, compassion, and Love Supreme.” Free Your Voice is your guide to discovering, opening, and revealing the full potential of your own voice.