Tempe | Meet & Greet | Billy Idol | Dancing with Myself
The '80s music icon visits to sign his memoir, a revealing life story with intimate details of the sex, drugs, and rock and roll that he is so fabulously famous for. An integral member of the punk rock revolution whose music crossed over into '80s pop mainstream—and one of MTV's first stars—Billy Idol remains an iconic music legend. Now, in his long-awaited Dancing With Myself, he delivers a lively, candid account of his journey to fame—including intimate and unapologetic details about his life's highs and lows—all rendered with the in-your-face attitude and exuberance his fans have embraced. Idol brings to life the key events that shaped his life, his music, and his career, including his early childhood in England, his year at Sussex University, and his time spent hanging out with the Sex Pistols and as a member of punk bands Chelsea and Generation X. Please note: Your ticket is good for one autographed copy of Dancing with Myself and entry to the live meet-and-greet with Billy Idol on Monday, October 13. Photos are welcome, but no flash or video. EVENT DETAILS
ABOUT THE AUTHOR BILLY IDOL is a multi-platinum recording artist, Grammy nominee, and rock legend. Known for successfully merging his signature punk attitude with the mainstream music scene, Idol has written some of pop's most iconic songs, including "White Wedding," "Rebel Yell," and "Cradle of Love." Idol maintains an active touring schedule and released a career-spanning greatest hits album in 2008, "The Very Best of Billy Idol: Idolize Yourself." He lives in Los Angeles. Visit him online at BillyIdol.net.
- TICKET (chose from 6pm or 7pm entry time, while supplies last) is free when you purchase Dancing with Myself from Changing Hands Bookstore.
- ONLINE ORDERS - Click "add to cart" below to order your book and signing line ticket. We'll send an email confirmation with more details. Please include preferred entry time — 6pm or 7pm (while supplies last) — in your order comments. You can also order by phone during our regular business hours at 480.730.0205.
- AVAILABLE 7PM ENTRY - Booksigning line forms by assigned letter group (printed on top of ticket) at the end of 6pm entry line.
- All pre-sold copies of Dancing with Myself will be distributed to ticket holders at the event.
- Billy Idol cannot sign memorabilia and may not be able to pose for photographs.
- Line placement cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals. Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
- CAN'T MAKE IT? If you'd like a signed book from any of our author events, please call us at 480.730.0205 to pre-pay and we'll have one or more copies signed and reserved for you.
- No more personalization requests can be taken for online orders. This offer has ended. Orders made after the deadline will be shipped a signed copy of Dancing with Myself without personalization.