Meet-and-Greet Booksigning with local author Naomi Davis for her book A Coat of Yellow Paint : Moving Through the Noise to Love the Life You Live. Masks are required for entry.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Join Naomi Davis, creator of Love Taza, on adventures of marriage, motherhood, and family. By sharing her relatable experiences--in the endearing, intimate style millions appreciate--Naomi shows how to ignore the noise distracting you from living with purpose, to seek out the silver lining and focus on building a life you love.
Life doesn’t come with an instruction book for the role of perfect wife and mother. However, as Naomi Davis discovered on her journey from newlywed Juilliard dancer to mother of five, a joyful life is a work of art that only you can create for yourself.
When Naomi launched the popular blog Love Taza over a decade ago, she had no way of knowing where that first blog post would lead or the millions of lives she’d impact.
In A Coat of Yellow Paint, Naomi shares all-new stories, time-stamped as intimate and vulnerable essays, exploring her faith, personal heartaches, challenges balancing a home life with career, motherhood, and her struggles with infertility. Along the way, Naomi illustrates the urgency of celebrating life’s most important things––family, faith, friendship, and an upright piano painted bright yellow––ignoring the critics.
Naomi shares life lessons she’s learned, including how to
- communicate openly and honestly in your marriage and friendships
- be confident in the choices you make as a mother--and why you’re more than “just a mom”
- overcome criticism--including from yourself--on body image, infertility, and doing “enough”
- make childhood feel magical, and seek out adventures with your little ones
- navigate spiritual upheaval and reclaim your faith
- find more soulfulness in your social media and online experience
If you dream of a life celebrating family, self, and work in a way that feels right for you, A Coat of Yellow Paint will inspire you to drown out the noise of others’ opinions and expectations--so you can be empowered to love your life.