Orders for this event have been turned off. To reserve a copy, please call the store at 602-274-0067
The New York Times bestselling author of Bitter is the New Black and Such a Pretty Fat visits for a presentation, booksigning, and wine pairing in honor of her hilarious new memoir, I Regret Nothing.
Sam Pillsbury from AZ Pillsbury Wine also attends for a complimentary pre-event tasting of his Wild Child Red Blend, explaining why it's the perfect accompaniment to Lancaster's wild new book.
Jen Lancaster has lived a life based on re-invention and self-improvement. She's managed to document her (and her generation's) attempts to shape up, grow up, and have it all—sometimes with disastrous results. Sure Jen has made mistakes. She spent all her money from a high-paying job on shoes, clothes, and spa treatments. She then carried a Prada bag to the unemployment office. She wrote a whole memoir about dieting, but didn't lose weight. She embarked on a quest for cultural enlightenment that only cemented her love for John Hughes movies and Kraft American Singles. She tried to embrace everything Martha Stewart, while living with a menagerie of rescue cats and dogs. (Glitter...everywhere
.) Mistakes are one thing; regrets are another. After a girls' weekend in Savannah makes her realize that she is—yikes!—middle-aged (binge watching is so the new binge drinking), Jen decides to make a bucket list and seize the day, even if that means having her tattoo removed at one hundred times the cost of putting it on. From attempting a juice cleanse to studying Italian, from learning to ride a bike to starting a new business, and from sampling pasta in Rome to training for a 5K, Jen is turning a mid-life crisis into a mid-life opportunity, sharing her sometimes bumpy—but always hilarious—attempts to better her life . . . again.
Click "add to cart" below to order your book and ticket. We'll send an email confirmation with more details. You can also purchase tickets in-store at either Changing Hands location.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- TICKET (admits two) is free with book purchase from Changing Hands.
- Letter groups (printed on top of ticket) will be called at 6:30pm to fill seats and designated standing room.
- If available, seating and standing room opens to those without tickets at 6:50pm.
- Booksigning line forms by assigned letter group after the presentation.
- Those without tickets may get their books signed after ticket-holders, if time allows.
- Space cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals.
- WINE PAIRING: Wild Child Red from AZ Pillsbury Wine.
- Complimentary tasting with each purchase of I Regret Nothing from Changing Hands.
- Enjoy $1 off glasses and 30% off bottles of Wild Child Red all day Thursday, May 14.
- Wine will be not served to those under 21.
- WINE DISCOUNTS AT SOUTHERN RAIL RESTAURANT
- All bottles of Pillsbury wines will be 50% off during Southern Rail dinner service on Thursday, May 14.
- Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
- CAN'T MAKE IT? If you'd like a signed book from any of our author events, please click "add to cart" below to pre-pay and we'll have one or more copies signed and reserved for you (or you can order in-store at either Changing Hands location). We also ship anywhere in the US and to most international locations!
JEN LANCASTER is the New York Times
bestselling author of ten previous books. She has appeared on Today
, The Joy Behar Show
, and NPR's All Things Considered
. She resides in the suburbs of Chicago with her husband and their ever-expanding menagerie of ill-behaved pets.