Bestselling author and renowned radio host Diane Rehm presents her latest, a book of candor and compassion, addressing the urgent, hotly contested cause of the Right-to-Die movement, of which she is one of our most inspiring champions.
GET YOUR BOOK AND TICKET
Order your ticket package at the bottom of the page. We'll send you an email confirmation.
TICKET PACKAGES → Ticket Package 1: $33.18 + fees: Admission for one (1) person and one (1) signed copy of When My Time Comes. → Ticket Package 2: $38.18 + fees: Admission for two (2) people and one (1) signed copy of When My Time Comes.
- Purchase below (at the bottom of the page).
CAN'T MAKE IT?
- PARKING is available in several lots near the Orpheum. Check out this map for more info »
- WILL-CALL opens at 1pm in the Orpheum lobby. Please check in here to be admitted into the event.
- PICK UP YOUR SIGNED BOOK at will-call in the Orpheum lobby beginning at 1pm.
- Diane Rehm will pre-sign copies of When My Time Comes before the event.
- SEATING is general admission and opens at 1pm.
- EVENT GUIDELINES may be subject to changes.
- REFUNDS will not be issued within one day of the event.
- If you miss the event, tickets are non-refundable. In order to receive your book, you will need to contact us within 30 days of the event. After 30 days, you will receive a trade credit to Changing Hands Bookstore for the cost of the book + tax.
Call 602.274.0067 to order a signed copy of When My Time Comes
and we'll have it signed and reserved for you. We also ship anywhere in the US and to most international locations!
ABOUT THE BOOK
From Diane Rehm, renowned radio host--one of the most trusted voices in the nation--and best-selling author: a book of candor and compassion, addressing the urgent, hotly contested cause of the Right-to-Die movement, of which she is one of our most inspiring champions.
Soon to be a public television documentary of the same name, featuring the author.
Through interviews with terminally ill patients, and with physicians, ethicists, spouses, relatives, and representatives of those who vigorously oppose the movement, Rehm gives voice to a broad range of people who are personally linked to the realities of medical aid in dying. The book presents the fervent arguments--both for and against--that are propelling the current debates across the nation about whether to adopt laws allowing those who are dying to put an end to their suffering. With characteristic even-handedness, Rehm skillfully shows both sides of the argument, providing the full context for this highly divisive issue.
With a highly personal foreword by John Grisham, When My Time Comes
is a response to many misconceptions and misrepresentations of end-of-life care; it is a call to action--and to conscience--and it is an attempt to heal and soothe our hearts, reminding us that death, too, is an integral part of life.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
DIANE REHM hosted The Diane Rehm Show
, distributed by NPR, from 1979 to 2016, when it had a listening audience of two-and-a-half million. She now hosts a podcast for WAMU-NPR, On My Mind
. She lives in Washington, D.C.