Event co-sponsored by New York Times bestselling blogger Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (a.k.a. the "Yarn Harlot") shares her new book The Amazing Thing About the Way It Goes: Stories of Tidiness, Self-Esteem and Other Things I Gave Up On.
In this humorous series of short commentaries, Pearl-McPhee takes on the amazing to the ordinary with her instantly recognizable wit, as popularized in her award-winning knitting blog YarnHarlot.com
. Her essays and perspectives cover everything from creative discipline to finding a way you would never think about fixing your email situation. Her book looks at everyday problems (and honestly, she says, it won't do much to solve them), but at least you'll be laughing.
RAFFLE | At tonight's event, we're raffling off three $25 gift certificates to Tempe Yarn & Fiber!
- TICKET (admits two) is free when you purchase The Amazing Thing About the Way it Goes from Changing Hands Bookstore.
- Letter groups (printed on top of ticket) will be called at 6pm to fill seats and designated standing room. If available, seating and standing room opens to those without tickets at 6:45pm.
- Space cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals.
- Booksigning line forms by assigned letter group after the presentation. Those without tickets may get their books signed after ticket-holders, if time allows.
- Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
STEPHANIE PEARL-MCPHEE is the author of several books and three collections of essays: Yarn Harlot
, Free-Range Knitter
, and All Wound Up
. (Two of those are New York Times
best sellers, which both Stephanie and her mum are really proud of.) She maintains a popular virtual home at YarnHarlot.ca
, and a less organized (and popular) actual home in Toronto, Canada. She's a mother of three, a wife of one, can drive a standard, and has owned two cats in a row that don't care much for her.