Changing Hands and Kids Need to Read present a special family storytime and booksigning with Queer Eye star Karamo Brown and Jason "Rachel" Brown.
Can't make the storytime? Join us afterwards at 8pm for the meet-and-greet booksigning.
GET YOUR BOOK AND TICKET
Purchase of I am Perfectly Designed from Changing Hands admits two (2) people to the family presentation (6pm) or meet-and-greet signing line (8pm). Order your ticket package at the bottom of the page. We'll send you an email confirmation.
TICKET PACKAGES → Storytime Ticket (6pm Entry): $20.53 + fees: Admission for one (1) child and one (1) parent/guardian and one (1) signed copy of I am Perfectly Designed. → Signing Line Only Ticket (8pm Entry): $20.53 + fees: Admission for two (2) people to the signing line and one (1) signed copy of I am Perfectly Designed.
- Purchase below (at the bottom of the page).
- CHECK-IN at the front information counter in Changing Hands Tempe beginning at 5:30pm.
- BOOKS will be distributed at will-call starting at 5:30pm.
- SEATING (FOR STORYTIME TICKET HOLDERS ONLY) opens at 5:30pm and is determined by letter group printed on signing line voucher handed out at check-in.
- ADMISSION TIMES are staggered in two blocks: 6pm storytime/signing and 8pm meet-and-greet signing. Within those blocks, admission is first come, first served.
- The storytime book reading begins at 6pm (booksigning immediately follows).
- The meet-and-greet booksigning line begins forming at 8pm.
- Authors will sign and personalize all copies of I am Perfectly Designed
- Authors will pose for pictures. Guest should not come around behind the table.
- Authors will only sign books; please do not bring any other materials to the signing table.
- EVENT GUIDELINES may be subject to changes.
- REFUNDS will not be issued within seven days of the event.
- If you miss the event, tickets are non-refundable. In order to receive your book you will need to contact us within 30 days of the event. After 30 days, you will receive a trade credit to Changing Hands Bookstore for the cost of the book + tax.
PLEASE NOTE: This booksigning event follows the authors' and publisher's wishes, which may mean limits on photos and the number of signed or personalized books. Changing Hands Bookstore is not responsible for guideline changes made by the publisher or authors prior to or during the event. Thanks for understanding!
CAN'T MAKE IT? Call 480.730.0205 to order a signed copy of I am Perfectly Designed and we'll have it signed and reserved for you. We also ship anywhere in the US and to most international locations!
ABOUT THE BOOK
I am Perfectly Designed is an exuberant celebration of loving who you are, exactly as you are, from Karamo Brown, the Culture Expert of Netflix's hit series Queer Eye. In this empowering ode to modern families, a boy and his father take a joyful walk through the city, discovering all the ways in which they are perfectly designed for each other.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Karamo Brown is a TV personality, producer, and host who fixes hearts and minds as the Culture Expert on Netflix’s Emmy-winning series, Queer Eye. He made history in 2004 when he appeared on MTV's The Real World as the first openly gay African American reality TV star. In 2007, Karamo learned he had a nine-year-old biological son, Jason, and gained full custody. He later adopted his son's half-brother, Chris, and left the spotlight to become a social worker before making his return to TV. He lives in Los Angeles with his fiancé and two sons.
Jason "Rachel" Brown is a rising young star in Hollywood who has studied dramatic and comedic acting at the University of California, Los Angeles. He often draws on his own life to entertain and inspire, including his experience connecting with his father, Karamo Brown, at the age of ten. Jason lives in Hollywood, CA.