The #1 New York Times bestselling author of Small Great Things shares her new novel about ordinary lives that intersect during a heart-stopping crisis.
GET YOUR BOOK AND TICKET
Order your ticket package at the bottom of the page. Or through the Eventbrite page. We'll send you an email confirmation.
TICKET PACKAGES → Ticket Package 1: $35.48 + fees: One (1) copy of A Spark of Light and admission for one (1) person → Ticket Package 2: $40.48 + fees: One (1) copy of A Spark of Light and admission for two (2) people
In conversation with:
CAN'T MAKE IT?
- SEATING is general admission and opens at 6pm.
- WILL-CALL opens at 6pm outside the auditorium. Please check in here to be admitted into the event.
- PICK UP YOUR BOOK at Phoenix College Auditorium on event day between 6 and 7pm.
- MEET AND GREET LINE forms after the event by letter group printed on vouchers handed out at will-call.
- POSED PHOTOGRAPHS with Jodi will be taken during the meet and greet. Attendees will be able to download their photos online (for FREE) after the event.
- All books will be pre-signed and Jodi will not be personalizing.
- Diana Gabaldon with not be signing books/taking pictures or be in the meet and greet line.
- Event guidelines may be subject to changes.
- Refunds will not be issued within seven days of the event.
Call 602.274.0067 to order a signed copy of A Spark of Light
and we'll have it signed and reserved for you. We also ship anywhere in the US and to most international locations!
ABOUT THE BOOK
The warm fall day starts like any other at the Center--a women's reproductive health services clinic--its staff offering care to anyone who passes through its doors. Then, in late morning, a desperate and distraught gunman bursts in and opens fire, taking all inside hostage.
After rushing to the scene, Hugh McElroy, a police hostage negotiator, sets up a perimeter and begins making a plan to communicate with the gunman. As his phone vibrates with incoming text messages he glances at it and, to his horror, finds out that his fifteen-year-old daughter, Wren, is inside the clinic.
But Wren is not alone. She will share the next and tensest few hours of her young life with a cast of unforgettable characters: A nurse who calms her own panic in order save the life of a wounded woman. A doctor who does his work not in spite of his faith but because of it, and who will find that faith tested as never before. A pro-life protester disguised as a patient, who now stands in the cross hairs of the same rage she herself has felt. A young woman who has come to terminate her pregnancy. And the disturbed individual himself, vowing to be heard.
Told in a daring and enthralling narrative structure that counts backward through the hours of the standoff, this is a story that traces its way back to what brought each of these very different individuals to the same place on this fateful day.
Jodi Picoult--one of the most fearless writers of our time--tackles a complicated issue in this gripping and nuanced novel. How do we balance the rights of pregnant women with the rights of the unborn they carry? What does it mean to be a good parent? A Spark of Light
will inspire debate, conversation . . . and, hopefully, understanding.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
JODI PICOULT is the #1 New York Times
bestselling author of twenty-five novels, including Small Great Things
, Leaving Time
, The Storyteller
, Lone Wolf
, Sing You Home
, House Rules
, Handle with Care
, Change of Heart
, Nineteen Minutes
, and My Sister's Keeper
. She is also the author, with daughter Samantha van Leer, of two young adult novels, Between the Lines
and Off the Page
. Picoult lives in New Hampshire with her husband and three children.