Kids ages 7-12 are invited to learn about four major world religions: Islam, Sikhism, Judaism, and Hinduism.
Discover the origins of each, learn basic belief structures and practices, and celebrate cultural aspects like language and music. Kids will also discuss and celebrate cultural and religious differences, and the commonalities many faith traditions share. They'll even learn to write their names in the languages traditionally associated with each faith! The founders of Kids Interfaith Experience believe that when children come together in love and understanding, no hate can keep them apart. Join them in building bonds of friendship, understanding, and love.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
- Cost: $10 per child, ages 7-12.
- Purchase here. Or at the bottom of the page.
- 2:30 - 3:00pm Registration
- 3:00 - 5:00pm Event
- The Kids Interfaith Experience will be providing adult chaperones during the event. Parents are encouraged to peruse the bookstore or visit First Draft Book Bar (the coffee and wine bar inside Changing Hands Phoenix) during the event
- EVENT GUIDELINES may be subject to changes.
- REFUNDS will not be issued within seven days of the event.
Developed by local community members and moms Anjleen Kaur Gumer, Karolyn Benger, and Jen Rogers, the Kids Interfaith Experience was created to demystify religion in order to foster learning and encourage inclusion and equality. The Kids Interfaith Experience was created as an opportunity for children to engage in interfaith experiences that are fun and interactive. The founders understand the sensitivity surrounding issues of faith, religion, and culture and their programs are designed to help families feel comfortable exposing their children to religious differences in a respectful and fun way.