This year, Changing Hands is hosting TWO Craft Raves! Attendees will enjoy five hours of nonstop crafting with one-on-one instruction from local artists like you. Dozens of talented makers and hundreds of participants have made our previous Craft Raves a big success. We hope you can join us for another round.
We're selecting ten local artisans per event—June and July— to participate. You supply the instruction, supplies, and encouragement needed for 100+ attendees to complete his or her craft project. We'll host and promote the event, and provide you with a great opportunity not only to profit on event night but to gain exposure to new customers as well.
WHAT IS A CRAFT RAVE
Five hours of nonstop crafting! Attendees enjoy music and drinks from First Draft Book Bar while receiving one-on-one instruction from local artisans.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're interested in skilled artisans and instructors who are excited to demonstrate and teach a short project. Space is limited: We can accept 10 artisans for June, and 10 for July. (Based on projects and applications, there may be an opportunity to be accepted for both dates.) You can sign up for the date or dates on the application.
HOW IT WORKS FOR ARTISAN INSTRUCTORS
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
THANKS AND HAPPY CRAFTING!
- Once selected, it costs $40 to participate. Each artisan will be provided with two six-foot tables and 10 chairs.
- Artisan will create a hands-on project that takes attendees 15 to 20 minutes to make. Artisan provides materials to accommodate 100+ participants. (Estimates are based on previous Craft Rave events.)
- Artisans are required to have one volunteer with them throughout the event to help manage their booth. This helps create the best experience for artists and attendees alike.
- Artisans will price their projects at $5, $10, $15, or $20. This includes the lesson and materials.
- Participants pay for each project with $5 tickets. Changing Hands will handle all ticket sales. Artisans will collect the appropriate amount of tickets for their project from attendees and turn them in to be tallied at the end of the night. Changing Hands will mail each artist a check for their sales within two weeks of the event.
- Artisans are also encouraged to create DIY kits they can sell at their table. This will include written instructions for the project and materials needed. Kits also need to be priced in $5 increments.