Changing Hands Bookstore is bringing back the beloved Craft Rave!
WHAT IS A CRAFT RAVE?
On June 28th, our Phoenix location will be hosting 5 hours of non-stop crafting, featuring one-on-one instruction from Arizona artisans.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for seasoned, enthusiastic artists and instructors who are excited to demo and get paid to teach a mini-project. Due to limited space, we are sending out a call and will select 10 artists to host a crafting workshop for 5 hours.
HOW IT WORKS FOR ARTISAN INSTRUCTORS
HOW IT WORKS FOR ATTENDEES
- Once selected, it costs $35 to participate.
- Each selected artist will be provided with a 6-foot table and 8 chairs for attendees to sit, learn, and create!
- Artisan will create a hands-on project that takes attendees 15 to 20 minutes to make. Artisan provides materials to accommodate 150-200+ participants. (Estimates are based on previous Craft Rave events.)
- Artisans will price their projects at $5, $10, $15, or $20. This includes the lesson and materials. (Historically, the most successful projects are the $10 & $15 projects.)
- Participants pay for each project with $5 tickets. Changing Hands will handle all ticket sales. Artisans will collect the appropriate amount of tickets for their project from attendees and turn them in to be tallied at the end of the night. Changing Hands will mail each artist a check for their sales within one week of the event. 100% of ticket sales goes to the artist after the deduction of your $35.00 participation fee.
- Artisans are also encouraged to create DIY kits they can sell at their table. This will include written instructions for the project and materials needed. Kits also need to be priced in $5 increments.
- Artisans must have their own volunteer(s) to help staff their booth. This helps create the best experience for artists and attendees alike.
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
- $5 admission at Changing Hands or at the door; there will staggered arrival times to manage crowd flow. 5:30pm - 125 ppl max. 7:30pm - 100 ppl max.
- People will walk around and check out all the different tables, then buy $5 tickets at the ticketing table (they can pay using cash or credit cards).
- The attendees can exchange the tickets at each of the craft tables in order to participate.
- Based on past events, attendees tend to stay at Craft Rave for an average of 3 hours.
THANKS AND HAPPY CRAFTING!
- We have a limited number of spaces, so if you are interested, please fill out the form below.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Applications are due by MONDAY, APRIL 1.