Are you a hardworking teen between the ages of 14 and 18? Are you a huge book nerd who loves learning new skills? We want you!
WHAT ARE JUNIOR BOOKSELLERS?
Changing Hands is proud to offer teens (ages 14-18) a volunteer opportunity to experience on-the-job training as part of our junior bookselling team. Our junior booksellers learn how to apply for a job, put their best foot forward when interviewing, and other day-to-day bookselling tasks such as shelving, section maintenance, customer service, event crowd management, and more.
- Print out the Junior Bookseller Application or visit Changing Hands Tempe or Phoenix during our regular business hours to get a paper copy.
- Fill out it in your own words.
- Drop it off at Changing Hands Tempe or Phoenix during regular business hours.
NOTE FOR PARENTS
Changing Hands is thrilled that your teen is interested in applying for a Junior Bookseller position. In order to make sure your teen is the right fit for our program and to get to know them better, Changing Hands request that parents:
- Please do not help your teen with the application. Applicants should complete the application on their own, in their own words.
- Please do not turn in the application for your teen. Applicants should turn in the application themselves and be prepared to interact one-on-one with our booksellers, the Junior Bookseller Coordinators, and our managers.
- Please do not visit your teen while they are clocked in. To encourage professionalism, family and friends should refrain from visiting Junior Staffers while they are at work.